Targeted nutrition not only supports the malnourished patient but has also been suggested to play a role in improving intestinal health. Healthcare practitioners often recommendbased on a number of published articlesa diet low in: gluten, dairy, and other common food intolerances; sugars; and unhealthy, saturated fats. Your healthcare practitioner may also recommend a targeted medical food to complement a modified elimination diet to help address some of the underlying nutritional factors associated with inflammatory bowel disease, such as:
- Targeted nutritional support to help meet daily foundation nutrition needs, including protein, beneficial fats, and essential vitamins and minerals
- Specialized micronutrient support with delivery forms designed for enhanced bioavailability and utilization by the body
- Prebiotic fiber to support growth of beneficial bacteria
- Targeted nutritional support for GI mucosal integrity, such as zinc and glutamine
- Plant-based nutrients for additional targeted support, such as curcumin to help support a healthy inflammatory response
Call to make an appointment to learn more about nutritional and lifestyle strategies to help manage potential underlying factors of IBD and help you gain control and feel more like yourself again.